2021: Overwhelm — Day 23
I’m not sure if this has been a topic before today, possibly.
Perhaps it’s going to be a measure of how overwhelmed I feel in 2021 i.e. how many posts have the title ‘overwhelm’ in them.
I wasn’t planning on going to the shops.
I had indicated that I would and then left it — which possibly (in my head) meant the universe would do it for me LOL
The universe didn’t do it for me and then, because we needed food for dinner, I had to go — it was always going to be me that went, and that’s ok.
But I added 4 other jobs to it:
- refill the water (we buy quality bottled water, rather than drink the chlorine tap water)
- Go to the fruit and vege market (I ended up getting these guys from the water shop — they stock organics)
- Check out pavers for our pool area and
- hmmm what was that pesky 4th thing (on top of groceries), oh get petrol
- Oh and go to office works to get everything Teddy needed to start school — tip, do this online and click & collect, OMG I’m sure it’s much quicker!! Finding the ‘right’ books is tough…and I’m sure I got it wrong, anyway.
That makes 6 things to do — not 5.
So of course before I left I needed to audit what we had left from the last school year, then work out what we needed to top up with. The printer wasn’t working so I wrote down what we did have, but totally confused myself when I went to the store so I have no idea what I actually got or needed to get — Teddy has it all!
And we needed to do a menu for the week — so we did that, I looked at recipes to make sure I wrote down all the ingredients. I didn’t put the grocery list in order but instead took a pen with me to mark things off (I felt like my mum doing that ha ha).
So I was flustered leaving the house, when I wasn’t, in my head, planning on going anywhere.
I watched my brain go into overload, I watched how I reacted to Chris, I tried so hard not to be ‘snippy’ but it was kinda a ‘fake snippy’ — totally not his fault.
I left with a strained smile on my face, listened to Mettaverse music on the way in — so relaxing, then popped on podcasts — that worked.
I then methodically worked from the centre of town out:
- Office works first, then
- Go Natural (water, fruit & vege)
- Paving place
Podcast about our Root Chakra on the way home and I was so happy and balanced when I drove in the driveway.
I apologised to Chris straight away, said thank you for all his help and asked him how is (and Teddy’s) afternoon had been.
Often Chris will tell me to ‘take my time’ and ‘take time out’ but this is family stuff, this isn’t time out, that being said, it can be relaxing and I didn’t stop to ‘take time out for me’ I made this my time out, my soul time, my time.
Today I’m proud of:
- apologising to Chris
- noticing my brain firing off
- tidying up my podcast files, they were ok before but now they’re so much better — version 3 to come!!